You can teach a student a lesson for a day, but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, they will continue the learning process as long as they live. – Clay P Bedford
In just over two months, the first class of Yoga Detour teacher trainees will walk through the doors of the beautiful Mindful Movement Centre to embark on a 10-month program that will change the way they look at the yoga practice.
We’ve been meeting with the incredible YD faculty members and working with nothing shy of a small village to put together a comprehensive teaching manual to call our own. We are beyond excited to share the information we’ve been compiling in a way that will be accessible, informed and scalable to all levels.
With word spreading that this is THE training for those wanting to experience a whole new approach to practicing yoga, we’re proud to announce the 10-month program is not only sold-out, but composed of an amazing, diverse group of students. By contributing their energy and perspective to the Yoga Detour vibe, these participants will bring the value of our program to a level of which we’d only ever dreamed, let alone experienced.
Given that applications continue to flow in, Kathryn and I have decided to launch Yoga Detour 2.0, a summer intensive Teacher Training that will run in July and August of 2016. The program will be composed of two separate parts, one which will run from July 11-22, with the second following a month later from August 15-26. It is our hope that this format will a) give people some time in between courses to digest the information while also enjoying their summer with friends and family and b) allow those who cannot commit to a 10-month long program to experience Yoga Detour in a more condensed format.
In both programs, students will have access to information that is simply not being shared in typical trainings. For example:
- Learn how to see postures differently, from a perspective of “Why?”, as in, “Why am I doing this pose? Is it aligned with what my body needs?”
- Understand the anatomical and physiological reasons behind the benefits and contraindications for individual poses, as well as specific posture sequences
- Gain exposure to the subtle aspects of the practice—meditation, philosophy, energy transfer—from a place of everyday applicability, where personal experience is viewed through various lenses derived from ancient teachings
- Learn what it means to truly hold space, both for your own practice and for others if you intend to teach
- Practice with the best teachers in Toronto, in all of the studios you’ve “been meaning to check out for a while now”
If you are interested in learning more about Yoga Detour, email us firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a time of positive evolution in the yoga community, and we believe this program is at the forefront of great change. The momentum has only just started to build…#followthedetour, and discover the potential that has been within you all along.