Downward Dog Yoga Centre
735 Queen St. West
As one of the pioneering yoga studios in Toronto, Downward Dog continues to offer instruction to students looking to practice and learn the principles of Ashtanga and Vinyasa yoga. Since the doors opened in 1997, Downward Dog’s main focus has been to inspire and encourage students in a life-long practice that is sustainable, enjoyable and respectful of individual practitioners’ needs and abilities.
Wednesdays 12pm Level 1 | Fridays 9:30am Level 2
Mindful Movement Centre
68 Scollard St. Suite 301
With Pilates and yoga classes designed to accommodate all levels of practitioner, MMC has structured its diverse offerings to reflect how the quest for physical and mental well-being varies from student to student. With enthusiasm and expertise our team will help you achieve optimal fitness, rehabilitate injury, manage chronic conditions, relax, and—quite simply—restore you to your best self.
Pre-Registered – Stay tuned for new class postings in 2015.
Lake of Bays Yoga
During the summer months, LOBY is open to participants of all ages and abilities who wish to add yoga to their cottage-life routine. We offer in-studio classes as well as private, customized sessions in our studio space on South Portage Road.
Take advantage of summer and enjoy yoga outdoors! From family yoga classes for all ages, to Bachelorette weekends and birthday parties, there’s nothing quite like a yoga class on the dock. Regardless of the occasion, we’re always happy to bring yoga to you!
Private lessons are the ideal setting for exploring the practice in an individualized manner. Those who are new to yoga gain great benefit from starting with private lessons before moving into group classes. Intuitive, one-on-one attention ensures that postures are learned with precise alignment, taking into consideration any need for modifications due to injuries or restrictions.
For those accustomed to a class setting, private lessons nurture personal growth, targeting key areas where strength and mobility can be improved, or addressing particular poses that present difficulty or frustration.
Students can then bring this information into group classes, or use it to build a confident self-practice that can be done anywhere, at anytime.
If you are currently experiencing chronic conditions inhibiting movement, or require injury rehabilitation, please contact Cecily to discuss how private yoga could facilitate therapeutic recovery.
To schedule a session with Cecily, click here.
Things to keep in mind:
– Fees are based on length of session (60-90min) and distance traveled.
– All cancellations must be received within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment so as not to incur a fee.
– Payment can be made online in advance, or at the time of each session.
– Cecily will conduct a preliminary physical assessment of posture, strength, flexibility and any history of injuries or medical conditions. All information is kept strictly confidential.
– Students are asked to supply their own yoga mats.
– It is best to schedule private sessions at a time when your home/office is quiet and free of distractions.
– When scheduling, keep in mind that yoga is most enjoyable on an empty stomach.
– If there is anything that would make your customized yoga session more enjoyable (i.e. music, a specific focus on challenging postures, extra time spent in relaxation), don’t hesitate to communicate your wishes to Cecily.